Monday, November 16, 2009

Michael Wesch: Toward a New Future of Whatever


This video by Michael Wesch, once again, was very interesting to me and I could really relate to what he was saying. You can watch it HereHis idea, and what he says energizes him, is the idea of Media Ecology. This says that media mediates our conversations and I agree. Television and the way people speak on television directly influence our culture and even our everyday lives, at least mine anyway. MTV was a great example because this type of television definitely influenced my youth and many of my friends' youth. My college experience is similar to what he describes, I thought the brief history of whatever was funny and it was true although it took me a minute to really let all the meanings of the different time periods set in. He makes great points and good examples. I think everyone should give it a listen.

1 comment:

  1. I agree. Media influences many people's decisions and opinions whether it is in a positive or negative way! I really enjoyed Mr. Wesch's video. It really made me think!

    ReplyDelete