Sunday, September 20, 2009

Randy Pausch's Last Lecture

Mr. Pausch's lecture was so inspiring. This was by far my favorite video that we were required to watch. I loved the quotes and hearing about his thoughts and hopes for his future as a child. His lecture was inspiring and I thought it was the perfect choice.

My favorite quote that he said was "Brick walls are there for a reason: to show our dedication and to prove how badly we want things". It is the perfect choice of words to describe how you feel when you want something really bad and then there is a set back and you push through it and end up getting what you wanted. You then realize that the obstacle was there for a reason, to show you how badly you wanted whatever it is that you wanted and how strong you are that you obtained it.

Another quote I became fond of was "Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted". This is true in so many ways. When we want something really bad, we generally go after it. We dont necessarily always get exactly what we want however, and that can leave us with negative feelings. It is important, and this quote reminds us, that our efforts are not wasted just because we didn't get what we wanted. We got experience which sometimes is better and may have been just what needed instead.

Mr. Pausch's video and quotes will definitely stick with me. He seemed like such a sweet man and I am sad that this was his last lecture. I am so glad to have watched this and I think it was so great to hear all about his dreams and the dreams of others he helped achieve.

1 comment: