Saturday, August 22, 2009

My Thoughts on Sir Ken Robinson: The Importance of Creativity

This movie was very interesting to me especially because I plan on becoming a teacher. He makes a good point about the unpredictability of our future generation. I agree that creativity is just as important as literacy in the classroom and he makes a good point that in today's society it is being severely limited. I agree, as I am reminded, that kids are not afraid to be wrong and likes when he states that, "If you're not prepared to be wrong then you will never come up with anything original". I agree that by the time kids become adults they are scared to be wrong and this limits their creativity severely.

The blame can easily be put on the educational system as more and more children are being "educated out of creativity". I encourage and believe that we need to incorporate more creativity in the classroom and give more freedom to student so that they may explore their creative potentials. As the rapid development of new technology is emerging it is more important than ever that our youth be able to keep up. That being said, creativity and originality are are key things to remember and focus on in the classroom.

1 comment: